The health and safety of both the public and participants at the 150th Bendigo Easter Fair is paramount. The City of Greater Bendigo has worked closely with the State Government to ensure that the event is delivered in line with the current COVIDSafe settings in Victoria. For up to date advice please visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au
We encourage all attendees to be fully vaccinated if eligible. Attendees over the age of 18 will be required to be fully vaccinated to participate in certain elements of the event such as carnival and amusement rides, the Vision Australia Easter Egg Hunt and other hands-on activities.
QR codes will also be available for attendees to check-in at activity site throughout the event precinct. COVIDSafe behaviour will be encouraged, including social distancing, sanitisation and wearing of masks when in busy areas.
All COVIDSafe requirements are subject to change and will be in accordance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer’s directive and the Victorian Government COVIDSafe Settings for Events.
This advice is subject to change based on direction from the Department of Health.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
To ensure a COVIDSafe event, and in keeping with Chief Health Officer directives, The 150th Bendigo Easter Fair is:
- Monitoring and supporting the health and safety of its workers, performers and staff
- Ensuring the majority of our venues are outdoors
- Ensuring the required distance is maintained between the audience and artist where required
- Providing workers with PPE where appropriate
- All 150th Bendigo Easter Fair employees, volunteers, artists, performers, parade entrants and contractors will be fully vaccinated
- Providing sanitising and handwashing facilities
- Ensuring regular cleaning schedules
- Ensuring 150th Bendigo Easter Fair is delivered under a COVIDSafe plan. Our COVIDSafe plan will be updated to align with the changing government directions and our website will be updated with additional information over time.
PLAY YOUR PART
- If you are unwell please stay home and get tested
- If you are in isolation or quarantine for being a close contact or are waiting on a test result or similar, please stay home and follow DoH advice
- Try to maintain a minimum physical distance of 1.5m from other attendees
- Practise good hygiene whilst at the event
- Wear a mask where you are unable to socially distance in highly populated areas (such as the parades)
- Use bins provided
- Use hand sanitiser stations where provided
- Follow any displayed instructions and signage (e.g. ground markings, capacity numbers and posters)
- Follow any instructions by event staff in relation to COVIDSafe practices (e.g. queuing and viewing areas)