Easter Paint Out Competition
The City of Greater Bendigo with support from Arthouse Direct is inviting local artists to come to the 2018 Bendigo Easter Festival and paint out for two days, capturing images of this great event, then display their work in the Bendigo Visitor Centre (BVC).
Up to 12 participating artists will receive a voucher for $75 to spend at ArtHouse Bendigo as well as a 20”x24” canvas.
There will also be a People’s Choice Award with a voucher to the value of $250 going to the winning artist.
Work will be displayed at the Bendigo Visitor Centre for seven days. The Bendigo Visitor Centre will curate and promote the exhibition and manage sale of artwork.
HOW TO ENTER
- Complete the application form below by Tuesday 13 March. Successful artists will be notified by Friday 16 March, and a voucher will be made available for collection from ArtHouse, Bendigo (159 McCrae St).
- Collect canvas from Bendigo Visitor Centre, on Good Friday 30 March between 9am-10am.
- Sign-in and sign-out at the Bendigo Visitor Centre on Friday and Saturday (this is required to ensure artists are covered under the Bendigo Easter Festival insurance).
- Deliver completed work to Bendigo Visitor Centre between 9am-9.30am, Easter Sunday 1 April.
- Attend the People Choice Award prize giving at 3:30pm.
- Collect work on Sunday 8 April, between 4 and 5pm. (If you cannot collect work at this time please contact the Bendigo Visitor Centre on 5434 6060). Artwork not collected (or sold) will be held for one month, after which time it will be discarded.
There is no theme for this exhibition, however this is a plein air (open air) painting activity, and artists are expected create work that depict scenes of the Festival as it occurs.
Work that in the opinion of the organisers does not meet this guideline may not be exhibited as part of this exhibition and/or be eligible for the People’s Choice Award.
- By registering for the Easter Paint Out, artists agree to spend at least three hours each day on Friday 30 March and Saturday 31 March painting within the Bendigo Easter Festival precincts and deliver their completed work to the Bendigo Visitor Centre by 9.30am Sunday 1 April for exhibition.
- To assist visitors to the festival interested in this project, artists are encouraged to check in their location, either via the Bendigo Easter Festival Facebook page (www.facebook.com/bendigoeasterfestival) or by notifying staff at the Bendigo Visitor Centre.
- Artists participating in the Easter Paint Out will be registered as a volunteer with the Bendigo Easter Festival to ensure they are insurance for this event.
- The exhibition will be supervised by staff and volunteers at the Bendigo Visitor Centre and all care will be taken, however selected artists are advised that they exhibit work at their own risk.
- The City of Greater Bendigo reserves the right to use images/photos/footage of art works for future promotional purposes including publications.
- The Bendigo Visitor Centre is a public venue and visitors are permitted to photograph within the space.
- A representative from ArtHouse Direct, will present the peoples’ choice award in the conservatory at 3.30pm Sunday, participating artists are encouraged to be there for this announcement.
SALE OF WORK
The Bendigo Visitor Centre will facilitate sales of the paintings and will promote the exhibition as part of the Bendigo Easter Festival and online following the Festival. The Bendigo Visitor Centre will collect all monies paid for the art works in the exhibition and will retain 35% (inc. GST) of the proceeds as commission. Income received from sales will be paid to the artist as soon as practicable after the de-installation of the exhibition.
For further information, please contact the Arts Officer, Rohan Phillips p: 5434 6478 e: [email protected]