Bendigo Advertiser Gala Parade
Experience a festival tradition filled with colour and excitement. Watch bands, cultural groups, dance troupes, sporting clubs, school groups and many more as they perform along the parade route.
Amazing Golden Dragon Sun Loong, the world’s longest dragon of this kind, will make his last regular parade journey through the streets of central Bendigo. An historic cultural display from the Bendigo Chinese Association, featuring dragons Dai Gum Loong, Sun Loong, Bendigo’s first Imperial Dragon Loong and Night Dragon Yar Loong, will be the final parade entry.
Sun Loong, Loong and Yar Loong will all depart from the Queen Elizabeth Oval car park and meet Dai Gum Loong at the Alexandra Fountain.
Sun Loong will then lead Dai Gum Loong up View Street and down again. At the fountain, Loong will then lead all three dragons along Pall Mall to the Golden Dragon Museum for the last section of their parade journey.
The purpose of this parade route is to show off Dai Gum Loong to all parade spectators and for Sun Loong to show Dai Gum Loong the parade route, so he can parade on his own in the years to come. In 1970, Loong met Sun Loong for the first time at the Alexandra Fountain, so the meeting at the fountain also continues an important tradition.
Please be patient during the parade while the dragons are meeting at Alexandra Fountain. All dragons will be seen along the parade route. Wherever you sit or stand you will see all four dragons and many others. The Bendigo Chinese Association will provide entertainment while you're waiting for the dragons.
Parade route: View Street, Pall Mall, McCrae Street and Bridge Street.
Along the parade route there will be designated viewing areas for people using motorised scooters and wheelchairs. These areas will be clearly signed, please be considerate and keep these areas clear, View the map for details .
Visit the festival accessibility page for further information.
For the safety of all festival patron, please use the designated parade crossing locations should you need to cross the parade route.
- Bendigo and District Aboriginal Corporation
- Mayor Margaret O'Rourke
- Kevin Cail - Citizen of the Year
- Sam Kane - Young Citizen of the Year
- Bendigo TAFE
- OBrien Electrical Bendigo
- Bendigo Highland Pipe Band
- Australian and CFA Flags and CFA Prepare Your Property Banner
- Australian Volunteer Coast Guard VF5 Lake Eppalock
- Marong SES Unit
- Central Victorian Fire Services Preservation Society
- North West Region Community Education Group
- Bendigo SES Unit
- Lions International
- Marist Brass Band
- Marist College Bendigo
- Bendigo Whovians Society (in association with the Doctor Who Club of Victoria)
- Bendigo Lego User Group
- Bendigo Cosplay Society
- Bendigo Senior Secondary College
- Bendigo Australia Indonesian Klub
- Mugi Rahayu Gamelan
- Suicide Prevention Awareness Network (SPAN)
- Headspace Bendigo
- Bendigo South East College Band
- Bendigo Salvation army
- CV Lion Team
- Bendigo Kart Club
- City of Greater Bendigo Brass Band
- Golden Square Pool
- Freemasons Victoria
- Bendigo Dragons BMX Club
- Props Theatre (Not near fire crackers)
- TIAN GUO (Falun Dafa Marching Band)
- Falun Dafa Association of Australia, Victoria Branch Inc.
- SportzRulz Victoria
- Bendigo Dragons American Football Club and Blaze Pom Team
- Scott's Mascots and Costumes / SMAC
- Performing Arts Group
- Golden City Pipe Band
- Make-A-Wish Bendigo
- A Reasonable Christianity
- Bendigo Filipino Foundation Inc
- Rural Australians for Refugees (RAR) Bendigo
- Phoenix FM Bendigo (106.7)
- Bendigo Jailhouse Rockers Club
- Dragon City Roller Derby
- Cheer N Dance Bendigo
- Bendigo Theatre Company
- Hokushin Shinoh Ryu Iaido
- Z Fit Studios
- Hare Krishna Temple - ISKCON Melbourne
- 410 Squadron (Bendigo) Australian Air Force Cadets
- Australian Navy Cadets
- Clan MacLeod Pipe Band
- Bendigo Chinese Association Inc.
*entrants are correct at time of publication, and are subject to change without notice
Date and Time
No upcoming dates